Portland Interurban 1067

This 50 foot wooden interurban was built in the company shops around 1907. It ran from Portland to Troutdale, Gresham, Bull Run, Estacada, Cazadero, and Oregon City. The car was part of a series numbered 1065-1068 as motorized cars and 1121-1123 as trailers. These were built to run as MU trains.

In the 1930’s the cars were rebuilt to single operation by taking out the train doors and moving the controllers to the center. The cars ended regular service in 1937. Cars 1065 and 1067 ran as extras until 1945. The two cars were sold in 1946 to be used as cabins at Cannon Beach. In 1981 they were donated to the Museum. They had been stripped down to empty shells in converting them to cabins. Being in poor condition, only the best one was saved. 

Technical Information

  • Car #: 1067
  • Year Built: 1907
  • Builder: Company Milwaukie Shops
  • Last Operator: Portland Railway Light & Power
  • Car Type:  Interurban
  • Year Museum acquired:  1981
  • Common Name: Interurban
  • Track Gauge: Standard
  • # of trucks/Wheels: N/A
  • Car Status: Display Only
  • Other details: